Translate

Friday, March 24, 2017

DADDY, YOU TERMINATED MY FUTURE: MS. SANDILE TSHUMA





Was it me or my mother

the reason why you denied me

abandoned me, rejected me

You honestly wanted nothing to do with me

You left me in the dark

Daddy, you sent my heart to the glue factory

This keeps on sending shivers up my spine



You laid your bed and by the time you

realized it was made of thorns

You thought it’s best, you fled

You were absent to see my first step

You were absent to hear my first word

absent to give me your so-called love

Oh! Daddy, you shut my dreams



You proved how useless I am to you

You kept me wondering why?  Why me?

Or am I in a different planet?

Oh no! Daddy, you shut me down.

Guess you thought you were killing the goose

That lay golden eggs.



Thought you were killing two birds with

one stone

not wanting to admit that you were killing

your only hope for the future

Ooh!  Mamamiya

Daddy, you shut me down.
_____________
Ms. Sandile Tshuma is a student at the Africa House College in Gauteng Province in Johannesburg, South Africa.  She is a participant in the South Africa International Men's Day 'Teach Us Peace" Children's Literacy Initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment